Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scissor to the knuckle.

The other night I was over at someone's home cutting their hair when all of a sudden...woops, a big flap of skin had been chunked off the top of my knuckle. It was some kind of gnarly and my whole arm kind of went numb with a touch of shock. luckily I stopped my sheers in time and it didn't cut completely through so I gingerly placed the flap back down, put a few band-aids on and finished up the haircut. I am a soldier. When I was walking home (they're in my ward -right across the way) I looked down and blood had soaked through all three layers of band-aid. sick huh? The picture above doesn't do it justice -stupid 4 megapixel camera, but it's gross and I'll probably have a scar. =( Of course I've nipped myself here and there before, but this is my biggest wound yet. I'm hoping this is as bad as I'll ever get. I'm just glad i got had made the apt to have my sheers sharpened the next day instead of that morning. -they were extremely dull when the damage was done. Imagine if they had been at their peak.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is gross and sounds painful.

I might almost would have rather that the scissors been sharp. Getting mutilated by dull scissors sounds awful.

Mo said...

Groooss! I bet that is a common injuring in your line of work. Don't you have AD&D insurance for that or something? Please tell me you didn't bleed on your client's head.