Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Golden Retriever



I've decided that were Ryan to wake up next to me tomorrow as an animal he would be a Golden retriever. I've come to that conclusion because of a few traits that he shares with our canine friends.

He's always happy and loving, food has the noticeable ability to heighten said happiness to extreme proportions, he's really quick to forgive, he's always excited to see me, and he loves naps. So maybe a lot of guys have all these things going for them, but there's one thing my Ryno has that I doubt many other guys exhibit.

Search and retrieve.

Not with just anything though -as dogs typically bring their "masters" items such as dead birds and rats, bones etc, Ryan brings me the remotes. Anytime we sit down to watch TV he hunts down all of the remotes, tv/dvd/cable, and lays them out in a neat row before me then stands back to gauge my approval. He seems to take pleasure in this too

Maybe you have to see it in action to appreciate the humor, but it's funny.

I should note as well, that this does not only apply to the TV in the family room. We usually fall asleep to the TV in our bedroom (I know I know,...terrible habit) and if there's a time when I get home after he has already fallen asleep (usually after a late night of hanging with my Logan gals) I find him tucked into bed with the remotes to the bedroom TV laid out in a neat row on my pillow. hehehehe. He's so wonderful. How in the world did I end up in a marriage with total control of the TV? -and I don't even have to look for it or find it first, it's handed to me!

Maybe he figures if I have total reign over the TV at my fingers I'll feel my control need met and won't try to interfere in other areas of his life. If so, smart Ryan,...very smart. I do try to be a fair ruler though and not abuse the power of the remote. -I keep it on mutually enjoyed shows and save Iron chef for when he's not home.

4 comments:

Allison said...

let's face it, you just want to be called master. really though, what a nice guy. give him a good scratch behind the ears.

Annie said...

Cute. Really cute. I sure like the 2 of you. :-)

Tracy said...

HA! I am texting Cody to tell him to read this post, immediately.

And as I was reading this, Mack walked up to me and handed me our remote... so, maybe I can make my own golden retriever if Cody isn't into becoming one for me...

Bella Beginnings said...

amazing... i don't know what else to say. you look beautiful in this photo as well.