Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Derby

Ryan's been most anxious for me to post about the derby. So here it is sweetheart in all its white trash glory.


So, this may quite well be my favorite thing to buy a ticket for. I first became acquainted with the demolition derby my first semester at USU. (every year at the beginning of fall semester Preston ID throws a big) I could not BELIEVE that I'd never even heard of such a thing before. I instantly fell in love and have enjoyed the smashing of cars since. It had been a few years since I'd been though and Ryan and I had never been together so we found one way out west this summer and went with our awesome friends the Ferres.
I'm really lame and didn't get a lot of pictures but it was a really good derby. They even had a figure 8 race where cars got flipped over! It's funny because you want to cheer but at the same time you're like,... uhm, are they ok? -and they were. In fact, both times the driver shimmied out the window, grabbed a few other guys to help and they flipped the car back over climbed in again and started back in at the race. Awesome.

2 comments:

Allison said...

this is hilarious. i couldn't go...the smell of gasoline is way to strong at those things. wait, how do i know??

Ryan said...

Amy, you're the best! Thanks for keeping your husband happy! That's the bad part about Utah...derbies are only going during the summer. Thanks for taking me to the pig races too! I've got the BEST wife (and sister) ever!