Thursday, October 14, 2010

Portland!!!

I went to visit my best Allison in Portland a couple of weeks ago. She's the best host you could ever ask for. She took work off to hang out with me and did a lot of random things that she new I'd love! Sadly I never remember to take pictures but I did manage a few. The above is of us attending Mozart's Grand Mass. Yes I am in jeans -that's what they do here. Yes I picked the naked lady to be in our background. Along the concert line, we also went to see Pagliacci and Carmina Burana neither of which I had seen live. I really liked them both -Pagliacci the best. Way fun.
She also took me to this way cool hotel up on hood mountain where we got the most insanely delicious hot chocolates of my life. This hotel was way cool on the inside but is mostly known for the outside. This hotel is the one they used in the Shining -one of the creepiest movies ever. AWESOME eh? I was so excited to be there. On the movie whenever they show the outside of the Overlook hotel they're showing this hotel that we were at.
A close up because I know you wanted one. She also took me to all of the markets which was awesome. I even bought a print from a painting there and it's hanging on my wall right now (it's very halloweenie and I love it -I'll show it in another post) I did manage to get a picture of this awesomeness though. Allison has become quite the amazing parallel parker. In this particular spot neither of us realized that there were tiny columns along the sidewalk, and she ended up getting this close to one of them without knowing it. Lucky? Uh ya. I couldn't get out of my door and we ended up having to wait for a Chinese class to get out before we could move -long story.
We went on a super awesome ghost tour around downtown Portland at night and we had some EXTREMELY interesting people on the tour with us. It was quite comical actually. We went to a ton of cool farms and saw some beautiful produce and stuff, we ate at some great places, and we saw the coolest old pub/haunted hotel ever. It was really fun. Thanks so much Allison for letting me come and hang and spending so much time with me -and for the delicious sandwiches that you made me!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Yes, that hot chocolate looks amazing, and yes I am mad you didn't even tell me you were going.