Saturday, March 13, 2010

the rest of Florida and Savannah

After the manatees we went to a zoo and saw...MORE manatees. But not just manatees, HIPPOS TOO!
This is Lou. The first hippo I think I've ever been this close too. He was AWESOME! I think these big fellas just passed up giraffes to top the list of favorite zoo animals. I love a good long neck, but these things are so meaty and have such stubby little legs. i love it.
After Florida we drove to Savannah and it was AWESOME. I love it there. love it. We went on a ghost tour one of the nights and went down into the rum cellar of the pirate house (where all the pirates used to hang out and the first two chapters of treasure island were written) We saw the rum tunnels that led out to the water where sailors were kidnapped and we ate there too. It was awesome.
We also took a day tour and walked through an amazing house, we ate at the Lady and sons, (Paula's restaurant), we went out to Tybee Island and saw the lighthouse and Ryan found a Georgia bulldogs restaurant. -he was really really excited about that. -besides, he needed a little pick me up after the abuse he got the previous night.
You see, when the trolley picked us up at the hotel for our ghost tour, we stepped on board to find about twenty five tipsy elderly woman ....and that's it. Even the DRIVER was a woman. They were all over Ryan it was hilARious. The first thing we heard when we stepped on the trolley was some 60 year old yelling "fresh meat" followed by an uproar of cackling. Cat calls, ...asking him if he "needed a mommy"... and then from one even more mature, "hell, I'll be his grandma!" hehehe They were on him all night poor thing. I tried to defend him as best I could, but it was me against a hoard of drinking daisies. there was nothing I could do. Finally when the night was over and they dropped us off at the hotel, I figured if you can't beat'em, join'em. I looked back as we were walking in, to make sure we had all the ladys' attention still on the trolly (of course they were all enjoying the view of Ryan's back side) and slap-grabbed his bum for all to see. You should have heard thr roar that went up from inside that trolly. The Windows were all closed because it had gotten cold, but you could hear the eruption within. A wave of squeels whoops and laughter swept out into the night while we continued to walk through the doors; Ryan's head help high the whole time. (I think he liked all the attention)
Our hotel was beautiful, the city was incredible, the weather was great and we even got to eat at Noble Fare (an insanely delicious fancy restaurant with an ever changing menu and truffles galore) courtesy of Kev-dawg and Kay (it's their favorite restaurant of ALL time). It was the best three days ever and I'm so glad we made it one of our stops.


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I need to go there! Help! And I like that hippo better than the disgusting manatees. Also, I would have liked to have been on that trolley. Why wasn't I on that trolley! That is funny.

Jennifer said...

Wait! And Lady and Sons! I need to go there too! Sad. If only I didn't have all these dang kids.

Tracy said...

Sounds like an amazing trip! Count me and codes in on your next trip of the south!

Funny story. I LOLed.

kevinkaytheriot said...

Mom and I ate at the Pirate restaurant too! I'm ready to fly back just to eat at noble fair again!
Dad

Annie said...

Ame-dawg! You are one funny funny girl. I LOVE the trolley story!!