Tuesday, September 15, 2009

HE'S 32!!!

On the 13th Ryan turned 32 years old. Old man Ostler wanted to hit the Utah State fair to celebrate the night before (his birthday fell on a Sunday this year) so that's just what we did. We paid a buck each to see a giant gater (trailer pictured above) that Ryan loved, of course -but I think it was a fake.
We saw all of the livestock -probably the highlight of the fair for us, and even found where my side of the family comes from. Those crazy Arnolds.

I tried to join them -or at least get a better look at the piglets. (they were very cute) Oh, and Ryan also showed me the goodness of funnel cakes! They're SO good! but really? do I actually need another high fat food to add to my list of cravings? Great. (sarcasm)

On Sunday -the ACTUAL big day, we went and ate delicious burgers that his student made for us, we took a very nice long nap, his sister Rachel gave us TONS of food (they're moving and don't want to store it so we were MORE than happy to take it off their hands), he opened his presents, and then had his birthday dinner -he requested home made stuffed shells and an oreo peanut butter shake in place of a birthday cake. It was actually a pretty awesome day. Thanks everyone for all of the phone calls and gifts (especially the food Rachel because I'm definitely benefitting from that one as well). Thanks for making Ryan feel so special even though he's so very old now.
I think it was a good birthday all in all -pretty low key and relaxed but the way he wanted it.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday! I see my blockbuster gift card didn't make the list of amazing presents :( What gives?

THERIOT FAMILY BLOG said...

if you'll notice, your card is front and center on ryan's chest. it doesn't get more honored than that

Allison said...

ryan, happy birthday! you are not old!
amy, i love your hair in the pictures!
you have posed yet another reason for me to hate being called al..."Big AL the alligator"
what a fun day of birthday celebrations!