Sunday, September 6, 2009

A REAL SATURDAY!!!!!!

One of the hardest things about cosmetology school is that you go Tuesday through Saturday. (Sunday and Monday are your days off) With a lot of the holidays landing on a Monday ...we kinda get screwed. BUT NOT THIS TIME! We petitioned for a Saturday off for the labor day weekend and we won! I decided that I would take this Saturday and do everything that I love so much about the day that one can really only do on a Saturday that I've been missing so much. So here you are.
I started off the day by going to a garage sale!!!! There are few who really know of my love for garage sales and even less who understand it. I can't say that I quite know myself what draws me to want to look at other people's junk but i LOVE it. I think it's the thrill of the hope that I'll find something really awesome. (kinda like pirate treasure hunting). It doesn't happen often, but yesterday was one such day that will keep me seeking out garage sales the rest of the summer and into the next. I'm a ribbon junkie. I love pretty ribbon to decorate packages...jars of jam...ANYthing with. Good ribbon is not so cheap though -especially the kind I like with the wire in the edges. Well this crazy lady was selling a huge bag of unused ribbon spools for two dollars. There were NINE spools of the ribbon in this bag and it was all the wire edged ribbon too -most spools still with the 3.99 price tag on them, one spool with a 9.99 price tag. ... it was the best thing ever! Just two dollars for the whole bag! Amazing. So next I headed to the farmers market that they hold in Murray park just across the street from us. Fruit, vegetables and bread everywhere! Every time I turned around people were offering me samples of their peaches or loaves of bread (the bread was the best) and most people don't know this, but it's kind of a dream of mine to some day makes breads galore to sell at a farmer's market. I was in heaven. Plus the weather's been amazing and it was such a pretty day to be outside. low 70s and cloudy with a light breeze. After that I went to my FAVORITE store ever and used a gift card that I've been hording in my wallet for a couple of years now. I love guilt free shopping!

Did I feel bad that I was doing all of these fun things while Ryan was at the AOs (mom and dad in-law) mowing the lawn? ....hmmm a little bit, but then I came home and joined him on the couch for his much anticipated game...the Georgia Bulldogs first game of the season. Well actually, he watched the game while I worked on my halloween costume (sewing machine's dead so I'm reduced to hand stitching folks. Bad news) Yes, i don't fool around with halloween, it comes early at the Ostler house.

I was so happy to get a real Saturday after months of torture driving to school past farmer's market signs and garage sale after garage sale while Ryan was home chilling without me. But not this Saturday, it was an awesome day!

2 comments:

Allison said...

that DOES sound like a fantastic saturday! that bread looks amazing. in fact, i think in all the free time you have on saturdays you should bake me some bread, make me some jame, tie with ribbon and mail it to me. oh. well, i can only imagine the goodness. i'm glad you got to be labor free on saturday in celebration of labor day.

Deanna said...

The bread picture is pretty harsh considering all the folks on HC right now. I mean, it is even making my mouth water and I can eat bread anytime. Low games... low.