Friday, June 10, 2011

Con-truck-dictions

Often times I find myself in quite a contradicting situation and think it's funny. My favorite being the title inspiring "con-truck-diction." I know, I know,.. the wit amazes even the owner.

I will be at Sunflower market (a natural organic produce store comparable to "sprouts" for you Mesa-ers) toting organic greens in my "save the planet" reusable grocery sacks. Then, purchase complete, head out to my gigantic environment stomping natural resource binging ridiculously over sized truck. As I'm loading the groceries, and consequently myself, into the truck I wonder how many sunflower attendees are shaking their head in confusion.

Tonight another such contradicting event occurred. I rode Scoot over to the Murray High track and jogged quite a bit. Now, when I jog, -even just a little, my whole face turns red and I look as if I've only just barely escaped a war zone. -panting, wild look in the eyes and all. As I've mentioned I did more than just a little jogging so all of these lovely conditions were heightened.

Well tomorrow morning we're having a salon meeting before our day begins and so I thought that I would be charitable and bring in some delicious made from scratch banana cupcakes. -my mother's recipe, thus delicious. I noticed before I left for the track that we were out of sugar, so on the way home I stopped by the grocery store for the goods.
Well, I happened to run into two different people from my ward and passed by many more unknown in the store. There I was looking like I had just finished a marathon and carting around the biggest bag of sugar that they sold. I wonder if I looked as odd as I felt.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

You have GOT to get rid of that truck. It is ridiculous